Relationship Marketing Builds Long-Term Connections with CustomersNovember 4, 2015
Don’t Let Your Practice Be Out of Sight, Out of MindNovember 19, 2015
Often in our busy days we forget to acknowledge the hard-working staff that keeps your practice running smoothly. Because it’s easy to overlook acknowledging your team, set up some staff recognition plans that are inexpensive and easy to implement.
- Say “thank you” often and sincerely. A successful practice depends on the contributions of everyone at all levels and your staff needs to feel valued.
- Be sure to give feedback immediately, both negative and positive. A pat on the back means more if given close to the event. Watch for actions and behaviors that had a positive outcome in your office or with your patients or clients.
- Get to know your staff members as people rather than employees even in a large group practice with multiple offices. Try to make a personal connection with each whether it’s a shared love of a sports team, music, movies or the fact that you have children the same ages.
- Ask for practice advice regularly and take it seriously. Those staff members who handle day to day activities know where there are kinks and how things can run more smoothly. Consider adding a suggestion box in the back office and make sure that those who contribute remain anonymous if they choose.
- Empower your staff to participate in decision making even in your marketing strategy. Respect the input of each person even if you disagree.
- Make a staff appreciation comments box available for your patients or clients at your front desk, and solicit feedback via your website.
- Establish a quarterly bonus system tied to employee development benchmarks. Examples include successful account collections or number of visits per month.
- Create an “employee of the month” board and post your star’s name using a star-shaped sticker. Reward each winner with a $25 gift certificate or small gift. Post it in your monthly newsletter to share with patients or clients.
- Celebrate and have fun with Staff Appreciation Day or Week. Schedule a “wear jeans to work” day. Set up a “Rewards Jar” for the week and have staff members each draw a prize during the week. Stuff the jar with perk cards like movie tickets, 1/2-hour massage at a local spa, a gift of $25 to their favorite charity, dinner for 2 at a local restaurant, or a $20 pizza gift certificate. Offer a catered lunch one day or close the office early for champagne and hors d’oeuvres.
A happier staff means a happier office and will translate to happier and more satisfied patients and clients. Staff appreciation perks will motivate your employees to work harder and in turn increase the efficiency of your practice.
Staff members who feel appreciated are part of a well-run practice and support your marketing plan. Blue Orchid Marketing’s direct email drip campaigns will educate your existing patients and clients as well as potential customers. Our e-newsletters and practice-specific holiday and birthday e-cards are frequent reminders of your practice name to keep you in front of your contacts. Call us at 203-746-5901 and ask for David or contact us via the website to learn more about our unique marketing system.