Don’t Let Your Practice Be Out of Sight, Out of MindNovember 19, 2015
4 Steps To Increase Your Practice’s Online ExposureDecember 3, 2015
You’re regularly publishing a blog about your practice and your readership is growing – congratulations! Blogs should be a major component in your marketing strategy and are very effective at reaching both current and potential customers.
But do you find yourself a little frustrated when it’s time to come up with a new blog topic? Do you despair that you’ll ever be able to find an interesting subject and be able to write about it to keep your audience’s attention?
Don’t worry – there are countless sources for captivating and timely topics for your blogs:
- Ask your staff to jot down questions that your patients or clients ask frequently. If it’s puzzling some of your customers, it will help all your contacts if you explore the topic in a blog.
- Be mindful while attending professional conferences or reading peer journals of emerging technology and intriguing ideas. Quote a speaker if any strikes you with particular relevance.
- Google Alerts, a free Google service, does the work for you by scanning the web for timely and pertinent topics. Set up a free Gmail account then visit Google alerts and choose a few keywords and phrases. Google will search the internet and provide links to articles and blogs containing the words you want. The sky’s the limit; here are a few ideas: “foot care” “podiatrist” “Social Security disability” “personal injury law” “dental care.”
- Take advantage of newsworthy stories pertaining to your specific expertise. Is an NFL player out for the season because of a foot injury? Have Social Security disability eligibility rules been tweaked, for example for same sex couples? Was a sensational personal injury case settled? Timely content can also boost your business in search engine results.
- Review a product, service or book that’s related to your practice and that will interest your readers.
- Give behind-the-scenes insight into how your practice is run. For example, introduce your “back office” team to your patients or clients and explain how they impact your business.
- Stress the positive and helpful: alternate vehicle accident topics with safety tips, or take a break from describing health maladies to offer easy preventive health ideas.
- Introduce yourself as someone with a life beyond the office. Showcase your charity efforts or tell a personal story about your family that relates to your profession.
Use Your Blogs To Round-Out Your Marketing Efforts
Blogging is a great way to keep in touch with existing and potential customers. Blue Orchid Marketing recommends that a regular blog be part of your marketing strategy along with other electronic communications like direct email drip campaigns, e-books, e-newsletters and birthday and holiday e-cards. Feel free to call us at 203-746-5901 and ask for David or contact us via the website to learn how custom e-communications can work for you!