The importance of branding has grown multifold during the last few years. And with the introduction of digital marketing, the visual impression of the brand and its influence have become fundamental. Businesses are enjoying more opportunities to spotlight their brand, and they want to make the most of these opportunities.
A useful and important way of enhancing your brand is to stay on top of the ever-changing developments. To help, we’ve put together a list of branding trends you can expect to see in 2022.
Branding Trends for 2022
- Keep it Simple: Simplicity is a design development that influences branding, whether with the messaging or the visual identity. Brands need to follow these trends and make sure that they communicate clearly and don’t beat around the bush. That’s why brands are avoiding certain font types and opting instead for simple wordmark logos with a strong and simple style.
- Get Nostalgic: This will be particularly true in the case of brands that have been in the market for decades. For example, Burger King has modified its logo, which had bright colors, and changed it to a flat logo with fewer bright colors. Bringing back their logo from 1994 instills a notion of the brand evoking the nostalgic feeling. Next year we will see more brands returning to their old branding styles to generate a strong emotional response in their users.
- Visual Content: Attention span is quickly diminishing, and users no longer want to read long texts. With the high-speed-powered mobile devices available today, users have begun devouring content on these devices. It can be challenging to read long content on them, but if the content is presented in an infographic, video, or image, the users will gladly spend a minute or so to gather the information.
- Synchronized Social Media: After initial hesitations, many social media channels have gained notoriety, be it Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp, TikTok, or Facebook. Today, with social media saturation, brands need to have a separate strategy for all channels. That’s why the trend of utilizing a coordinated social media plan will escalate in 2022. Posting regularity, audience engagement, and even paid ads plan will differ for each social media channel. Using official hashtags, message boards, and exclusive online communities are some of the strategies brands need to work on.
- Utilize Technology: For many years, technology has been shaping branding, but next year we’ll witness how brands utilize it to stand out from their competition. With the explosion of mobile phone apps, most B2C brands will now have a mobile app to sell its products. Chatbots, data analytics, and voice assistants are some technologies that brands are starting to utilize to offer real-life experiences to people who are sitting at home.
Blue Orchid Marketing Can Help with Branding Strategies
The bottom line for marketers is to keep their branding direct, precise, and simple while keeping the customer as their focal point. We can help you with your branding strategies in 2022 as well as your Direct Mail Campaign, Social Media Marketing, Website Design, Reputation Management, Email Marketing, a blogging program – or any other marketing tools. So, give us a call today at 203-746-5901 or send us an email to sales@BlueOrchidMarketing.com to get started.