Content marketing is essential to sending traffic to your website, directing customers through the sales funnel, increasing sales, and verifying you as an expert in your field. But without an effective content marketing strategy, you could devote more funds to your campaign with minimal returns.
If you’re not receiving the expected ROI from your content marketing campaign, here are five tips to help you get more from your content without investing more resources.
- Create content customized to your target audience. One of the best ways to make your content marketing more relevant and impactful is by creating content targeting your ideal audience. Begin by identifying your target customers, paying attention to their gender, age, marital status, occupation, household income, hobbies, personality traits, and living situation. Then research those customers to identify their pain points, desires, and interests, and use that to create quality content.
- Reuse content. Make the most out of your content by repurposing it. Develop creative strategies to use already published articles in different ways, including:
- Create videos and podcasts based on published articles or blogs
- Produce infographics based on the data contained in your blog posts
- Gather blog posts into an eBook
- Write blogs using video content.
- Publish evergreen content. High-quality trending content attracts significant website traffic but quickly goes out of date. Instead, focus on creating high-quality content not linked to a specific fad, trend, new cycle, or season. Evergreen content includes accurate information that stays useful, true, and relevant over the years. It lets you continue driving traffic to your website and producing more leads for an extended period.
- Consistently optimize and update. Be sure to update and optimize older blog posts with new information to keep your content relevant. It can improve SEO because search engines classify optimized posts as new content. Here are some ways to update older content:
- Update any broken links
- Include CTA buttons
- Incorporate quality metadata
- Remove outdated data and statistics
- Optimize with relevant keywords
- Promote your content. Link posts to social media accounts, send emails to your subscribers with links to your content, and offer rewards to customers who share your content. It helps boost brand awareness and enables you to achieve your content marketing goals.
If your business doesn’t already have a well-planned content marketing strategy, let Blue Orchid Marketing help you get started today. We can also help with every aspect of your marketing to help you get and keep customers to grow your business, including Direct Mail Marketing, a blogging program, Reputation Management, Email Marketing, or any other marketing tools.
Call us today at 203-746-5901 or email us at sales@BlueOrchidMarketing.com to schedule a consultation to see how we can help.