As a business owner, you’re probably wondering if it’s still important to upgrade your website regularly. The answer is yes, it is! Your website serves as a business card, a display for your products and services, and sales pitch, all of which are fundamental to your brand and your online and offline success.
Fundamental Considerations for Website Redesign
- Perform an audit of your current site. Review your site’s performance on things such as where you’re losing users, shopping cart abandonment, conversion rates, and bounce rate. This will serve as the basis for your website redesign choices.
- Identify your target audience. To produce the best website for your visitors, you must know their demographics. What keywords are they using? What are they choosing? This type of information will help you produce the best redesign for them and their needs.
- Be clear about your message and brand. Each user who visits your site for the first time should be able to immediately understand what you do, how it can benefit them, and why they should remain on your site.
- Identify the goals of your website. A good appearance is important but if your site is missing the functionality, your visitors will become frustrated. This includes fixing broken or confusing page links, load times and more.
- Evaluate and freshen up content. Identify outdated blogs and upgrade or rewrite them for better leads. Establish a new publishing schedule based on user engagement. Review material that’s working well and use it as a design template for future material.
- Monitor your competition. If one of your rivals is particularly effective, try to determine why. What are they doing that you’re not? Pretend you’re a customer and look at it from that angle, then compare the two.
- Optimize your website. Research the current predictions for SEO to navigate your efforts in the right direction. And you need to be constantly observing how efficient your SEO practices are and make modifications when required.
- Perform keyword research. Identifying the terms your best buyers search allows you to include those exact same terms when you’re writing your website copy. This will help you rank higher in search engines and resonate with your audience.
- Ensure responsivity. Your website must be responsive and be able to reconfigure itself based on the visitor’s device and screen size. Users expect this and if your website doesn’t provide it, they’ll look elsewhere.
Is It Time to Update Your Website?
Website redesign requires a great deal of technical ability so trust it to the pros, who can stay on top of evolving trends, monitor your competitors, and update your site as needed.
We are experts in website design and redesign. In fact, we can help with every aspect of your marketing to grow your business including Direct Mail Marketing, a blogging program, Reputation Management, Email Marketing, Social Media Management, or any other marketing tools. Give us a call today at 203-746-5901 or send us an email to sales@BlueOrchidMarketing.com to get started.